Strap Rubber
clasp type Folding
Dial color Grey
Glass Sapphire
Gender men
Boxes common box
Functions Hours, Minutes, Second, Date
Model Number 01-733-7737-4053-07-4-19-01fc

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Concept GMT Tourbillon Review Once again working with their preferred Swiss commercial diver consultant, Oris has developed a well-specced diving instrument that also doubles as a handsome lifestyle watch with this year’s color theme being black and yellow (a personal favorite mix of colors for me). Having said that, the Oris ProDiver Dive Control is somewhat lacking in the innovation department. Existing Oris customers may not have too many reasons to jump on this watch unless they’ve simply been looking for the right opportunity to get a ProDiver Chronograph.What the Oris ProDiver Dive Control lacks in novelty it does offer in sheer utility and value. The case is titanium for strength and weight savings, but also black DLC (diamond-like carbon) coated for color and scratch-resistance.

The bezel’s “rotation safety system” which is meant to protect the rotating diver’s timing bezel from turning accidentally has a ring of soft rubber and the dial is highly legible. I like the micro-adjust system in the high-quality matching DLC-coated strap deployant and the lack of sharp edges on the watch very much make it feel like a tool for professionals as opposed to a lifestyle item.With that said, things like the rotation safety system which may be good for professionals isn’t per se something I as a collector want. In order to actually turn the bezel you need to grip it well and give it a tug upwards. A keen eye will see a thin yellow line appear between the bezel and the case, and so long as you keep tugging upwards you can turn the bezel. It isn’t exactly a joy to play with… even if that is the point.

On the dial, Oris is playing with some wave-style texturing which I like - even if it is hard to notice. The dial itself is somewhat updated and makes rich use of polished hands and hour markers which are arguably a bit more on the “status” versus “utility” side of this product. Nevertheless, Oris did a nice job adding a full 12-hour chronograph complication to the dial of what otherwise needs to be a legible diver’s watch dial. The dial might be rather straightforward without too much personality but often times good tool watches are best that way. 2019 Hublot Big Bang Meca-10 Nicky Jam watch price

Oris%20Chronoris%2001-733-7737-4053-07-5-19-43%20watch.jpg

Cheap Richard Mille RM 67-01 Extra Thin Automatic price For a long time, Oris has served as a really great gateway into high functioning and high-value pieces. They first introduced the Big Crown Propilot in 1938 with the idea that the oversized crown would offer pilots a better grip with gloved hands. Since that time “Aviation” has developed into one of the brand’s four main focuses. The Oris Big Crown Propilot Calibre 114 is the newest addition to the aviation line, offering an enormous amount of functionality featuring Oris’ newest in-house movement. I covered its release during Baselworld 2018 and knew it was something that I wanted to take a closer look at. An upcoming trip to Southern Italy offered the perfect opportunity for me to use this watch as it was intended.I’m going to address the movement right up front as I think it’s the biggest topic and most interesting aspect of this particular watch. What makes the Caliber 114 unique amongst these is the 30-minute granularity that you get with the GMT complication. The hand adjusts in two “clicks” (if you will) per hour, allowing you to account for timezones in places like Newfoundland, India, and Australia among others. This feature in itself is very specific and will likely not be overly applicable to most end-users, but that doesn’t negate the interest and appeal of this sort of meticulous movement making.

Originally, the earlier version of Oris’ Worldtimer allowed wearers to track a second time zone with the help of two case pushers. The party trick this time around centers around a pivoting 2-way bezel that allows the wearer to jump the local hour hand forward or backward in single hour increments while driving the date as well. This, in turn, provides an easy way to adjust to a new time zone without removing the watch from your wrist - something I’ve found increasingly valuable when considering ease of use in a pilot’s watch. Sure, traditional GMT movements are sexy, but I can’t help but feel something as basic as a graduated 12-hour bezel can sometimes be more practical. This Oris ProPilot Worldtimer, however, takes bezel functionality to an entirely new level.One of the saddest parts of being a pilot’s watch enthusiast is realizing that most of the modern industry “icons” are hilariously oversized in the hopes of satisfying some strange, heritage worship ritual. At 44.7mm wide, it’s getting close to my personal max but Oris - much like Seiko - really knows how to get proportions and wearability right on larger cases. I wish I had a comparison wrist shot of the IWC Big Pilot on hand to show here but, alas, I’m not exactly the kind of guy that’s checking those out at the boutique every other day as a potential buyer. HYT SKULL 48.8 watches replica

The main takeaway here is that the watch - with its substantial 13.10mm thick stainless steel case - wears comfortably and balanced even if it is on the larger side. Water resistance is also 100m thanks to the screw-down crown - another feature that is often absent in pilot watches overall.A black dial pilot’s watch with massive Arabic numerals on the dial, giant broadsword hands, and a completely separate sub-dial providing you with a clearly tracked secondary time zone in 12-hour format. Yeah… this is about as legible as it gets. Oris made great use of dial space here and the fact that non-e of the numerals were cut off after implementing these functions is something I’m sure several enthusiasts will enjoy. Aside from the primary local time display, the sub-dial at 3 o’clock serves as your second time zone, which you can set before adjusting your local hour with the clever bezel system. Inside that same sub-dial, you’ll find apertures for both the date and an AM/PM indicator.

The Oris Artelier Calibre 111 with gold highlights features a stainless steel case, measuring in at a diameter of 43mm, with a lug width of 23mm to help balance out the case diameter. Oris is offering both a stainless steel bracelet, as well as a brown crocodile styled strap on a deployant clasp. Most notably, however, is what is powering the Artelier Calibre 111. As you might have guessed by the name, beating along inside this new model is Oris’ in-house 111 movement, a manually wound movement with 40 jewels, operating at 3Hz, with an ample power reserve of 240 hours (or 10 days).This well-finished movement is visible through the sapphire display back. Highlighting this impressive 10-day life is a power reserve at the 3 o’clock position, which is balanced by a slightly-smaller sized sub-seconds dial at the 9 o’clock position. The dial features mostly gold plated baton-style hour indicators, with some cut off by the sub-dials. Then there are prominent gold-plated numerals at 12 and 6, with a strangely placed date display at the 9 o’clock position. Buy Patek Philippe Twenty 4 Automatic watches replica

Oris%20Chronoris%2001-733-7737-4053-07-8-19-01%20watch.jpg

Before we get too deep into the watch itself, it’s worth pointing out that the pointer is actually the original expression of a date complication on a wristwatch. It was invented and quickly patented by watchmaker A. Hammerly from La Chaux-de-Fonds in 1915, who would also shortly thereafter patent the traditional recessed rotating date disc displayed through an aperture in the dial most commonly used today. A little over 20 years later, Oris would introduce its first watch using the complication, kicking off 80 years of constant production, and a lasting collection that would prove to outlive even the quartz crisis.While most brands have been content to release only one or two watches to earn a participation medal in the recent bronze boom, Oris has widely deployed the alloy in multiple forms across multiple collections, starting with its wildly successful Carl Brashear 3-hand Diver 65 three years prior. Granted, the Pointer Date is far from a marine watch where bronze applications are typically found - it’s only water resistant to 50 meters, but the inevitably warm, gently worn-in bronze tones lend themselves just as nicely to vintage-style aviation watches. watchgetluxury.com

Board footer