derbymusic.com

Hi there! Remember me?

You are not logged in.

#1 08/11/18 01:59:58

elaine95

We’re probably resorting

RALEIGH Frans Nielsen Jersey Kids , N.C. (AP) Warren Foegele felt the nerves before his NHL debut. Once he calmed down, the points started to add up.Foegele had a goal and an assist in his first game, and the Carolina Hurricanes beat the Ottawa Senators 4-1 on Monday night.”It took me (until) about the third shift to realize it was just another hockey game,” Foegele said, repeatedly calling it ”a surreal moment.”Brock McGinn and Valentin Zykov scored 98 seconds apart in the second period, Sebastian Aho had an empty-netter with 1:59 remaining and Derek Ryan had two assists to help the Hurricanes win their third straight.Carolina – still a serious longshot to make the playoffs for the first time since 2009 – moved within seven points of idle New Jersey for the eighth postseason spot in the East with six games left.The most inexperienced of the Hurricanes played key roles in this one, and not just Foegele. It was the sixth career game for both Zykov and defenseman Roland McKeown – who was on the ice for each of Carolina’s first three goals.”They can come in here and instill that youth and energy and vigor, and I think they’ve shown that,” Ryan said. ”They’ve done that so far, and it’s fun to have that kind of the smiles on their faces, to see Warren score his first goal in his first game and smile on the bench, he’s excited and it kind of makes me relive those memories for myself.”Bobby Ryan scored and Craig Anderson stopped 26 shots for the Senators, who lost their fifth straight and have been outscored 22-7 in their last four. The Hurricanes beat them twice in three nights by a combined 9-3 score.”You can look down the lineup, we’re plugging in guys to see where they fit, and trying different players here and there,” Anderson said. ”As long as the compete level’s there Gordie Howe Jersey , you can’t fault anybody, and that’s how it was tonight. We came out, we competed and just weren’t able to get the win.”Cam Ward made 19 saves for Carolina, which recalled Foegele from its AHL affiliate in Charlotte during a day off Sunday.Both of his shots resulted in goals.His first career goal came with 1:08 left in the first when he skated up the end line and slipped the puck between Anderson’s glove and the post.”The best advice I got was to just shoot it on net,” Foegele said. ”So I shot it, and it just went in.”He assisted on Zykov’s go-ahead goal with 5:22 left in the second, with the physical Russian forward poking in the rebound of Foegele’s shot to make it 2-1.McGinn then cashed in on an Ottawa turnover, taking a pass from Jordan Staal and whipping in a shot from between the circles to make it a two-goal game with 3:44 left.NOTES: Aho has a point in nine straight games. … Ward improved to 10-1-2 in his last 13 against the Senators. … Zykov has six points in six career games. … Ottawa C Matt Duchene, who assisted on Bobby Ryan’s goal, has 20 points (10 goals, 10 assists) in his last 21 games. … Ottawa D Erik Karlsson didn’t make the trip. Karlsson and his wife announced last week that their son Axel had been born stillborn.UP NEXTSenators: Return home to face the New York Islanders on Tuesday night.Hurricanes: Visit New Jersey on Tuesday night.— TAMPA, Fla. — Just two games in to the season, Stanley Cup favorite Tampa Bay is already under scrutiny as the Lightning head into Saturday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.The Lightning, who have endured an odd schedule to start the season, picked up two points in the opening two games but were underwhelming in both performances — a shootout victory over Florida and a late loss to the Vancouver Canucks.Tampa Bay was the highest scoring team in the league last season, but has scored just two goals in two games to start this season while going 0 of 8 on the power play.Article continues below ...“We need to finish. We’re not finishing Authentic Gustav Nyquist Jersey ,” Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. “We are shooting some pucks at the net, but we’re not going there with a desire to score. That’s what you have to do in this league, especially with the goaltending and the way it is.“These are NHL goalies. You have to go in there and get dirty ones. They are not all pretty. We’re probably resorting a little bit to trying to get the pretty goal.”But captain Steven Stamkos said it’s too early to start worrying about Tampa Bay’s ability to score goals.“We led the league in goals last year, so it’s just a matter of time,” he said. “That’s the least of our worries is scoring. That is going to come. It’s not cheating because it’s not coming; it’s playing the right way and continuing to improve. “The power play has to find a way to start producing … we have to work hard as a power play if we want to be difference-makers out there.”Columbus is getting contributions from its difference-makers, most notably Artemi Panarin, who had a goal and three points in a comeback victory at Florida on Thursday.Defenseman Zach Werenski had a goal and two points, and Cam Atkinson notched the game-winner late in the third period as the Blue Jackets have won consecutive games despite missing All-Star defenseman Seth Jones and center Brandon Dubinsky to injury.“We gathered ourselves and had an opportunity to win the hockey game,” Atkinson told NHL.com. “We got it done. We’re taking the right steps in the right direction. It might not be our prettiest, but we find a way to get it done.”‘But there are areas that coach John Tortorella would like to see cleaned up going forward so his players don’t have to rely on strong third period showings to collect points.“I talked to (the media) after the last game. We win in the third period and we win in the third period again, which is encouraging,” Tortorella told the Columbus Dispatch. “There (are) some great teaching opportunities for us here, as we found a way to win (Thursday’s) game. That’s the way I look at it.”

Board footer